UNEP International Expert Workshop on the Emerging issues in Climate Change Dec 28-29, 2009
FAO Working Paper 7, 2010. Forests and Climate Change in Asia Pacific Reigon
>> click here to download
IUFRO Post Symposium Training Workshop on Working Effectively at the Interface of Forest Science and Forest Policy, Feb, 13- 14, 2011
>> click here to download report
Forest Carbon Management in India: A Framework of Policies and trade strategies, by Dr Promode Kant, published by LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2011
is a healthy planet where people, inhabiting an equitable world, free of want and devoid of greed, leave the planet richer for each succeeding generation.
is research and education, and providing the best scientific information and policy advice, on climate change and ecology for a sustainable economic growth in developing countries.
is that India and other developing countries are empowered with the science-based knowledge to manage the risks and opportunities related to climate change and degradation of ecological systems without compromising on their economic growth.
1: Promote sustainable economic growth in India and other developing countries
· Assessment of the status and trends in greening of economy;
· Actively promote mitigation of, and adaptation to, the warming climate;
· Help develop strategies and best practices for greening governments and business;
· Carbon footprint analysis and carbon trading;
· Valuation of ecosystem goods and services;
· Environmental Impact Assessment
· Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD)
2: Provide credible scientific information and policy analysis to mitigate harmful impact of climate change and ecosystem degradation in a compelling way to public and policy makers
· Identify and communicate dangers and risks by analyzing data scientific knowledge and create awareness among various stakeholders;
· Provide scientific basis for decision making;
· Provide a forum for synthesizing and communicating results of research related to impact of climate change on Himalayan ecosystem its implications for people.
3: Research and education in climate change mitigation and adaptation, ecological economics and renewable energy
· Undertaking high quality research in these fields and promoting the same in other developing countries
· Collaborate with leading universities and institutions across the world for developing suitable educational courses for higher studies in these fields
4: Capacity Building in climate change mitigation and adaptation and renewable energy
· Identify local institutions across countries and societies, build their capacities in target areas and help them network for enhanced efficiencies
· Help the local institutions raise resources for this purpose