TO BE UPLOADED LATER
TO BE UPLOADED LATER
- 3-12 October Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited by the IUFRO to speak at their event on Forest Landscape restoration during the IUFRO Congress held at the Salt Lake City, USA, from Oct 5 to 11, 2014
- 27 August Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to take part in the meeting of the Technical Committee on Green India Mission (GIM) held under chairmanship of Secretary(EF&CC) in the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India
- 3-5 August Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to take part in the Tripura State Wildlife Board meeting held at Agartala
- 6 August Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to take part in a discussion on the science of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change?s Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) and its implications for India organized by the Climate Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), TERI and the Business Council for Sustainable Development (BCSD), in partnership with the Ministry of Earth Sciences and supported by the IPCC
- 1 July Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to take part in a panel discussion on ?Sustainable Growth in Response to Climate Change: Indo-French perspectives? on the occasion of the visit to India of Mr Laurent FABIUS, Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Development, and former Prime Minister of France at the India Habitat Centre, Stein Auditorium, New Delhi.
- 9 July Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to take part in an event organized for the launch of the Twenty Eighth Edition of the TERI Energy & Environment Data Directory and Yearbook (TEDDY) and for a panel discussion on energy and environment goals in the context of the post-2015 development agenda, held in the TERI premises at the India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- July 16-17 Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to speak at the Second Global Forum of Ecological Economics in Forestry (GFEEF) on ?Building a Harmony between Ecology and Economy? held at Nanjing, China, organized by IUFRO Working Grope 9.04.03 and Nanjing Forestry University.
- July 15, Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to speak at the Institute of Forest Policy and Information, Chinese Academy of Forestry, Beijing, on the rapidly developing domestic carbon markets in China and many other parts of the world
- 28-29 June, Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to speak at the International Workshop on “Forests of the Western Himalaya: Conservation and Restoration of Ecosystem Services in a time of Climate Change” organized by the Centre for Ecology, Development and Research, Dehradun (CEDAR) & Forestry & Environmental Studies, Yale University at the FRI, Dehradun
- 2 May Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, interacted with a research scholar from the Institute for Intercultural and International Studies, University of Bremen, Germany, on the subjet of Global Environment Facility’s biodiversity portfolio in India and, in particular, on the social and livelihood implications of conservation projects that the GEF supports in cooperation with World Bank, UNDP and UNEP.
- 1-6 April Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to guide researchers at the Institute of Forest Policy and Information of the Chinese Academy of Forestry, Beijing, as a Visiting Professor
- 2 April Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to a discussion with the Climate Change Team of the DFID of UK stationed in Beijing
- 30-31 March Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to guide researchers at the Institute of Forest Policy and Information of the Chinese Academy of Forestry, Beijing, as a Visiting Professor
- 21-22 March Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to speak at the National Seminar on ?Natural Resources Conservation : Approaches towards Biodiversity Conservation and Livelihood promotion? being organised by University School of Environment Management, GGSIP University, New Delhi
- 16-19 March, Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to attend meeting on IUFRO-WRI Book on Forest Landscape Restoration held at the Copenhagen University
- 19 January Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, invited to address the India Green Business Summit on the theme “Green Business: the Indian perspective? organized by Knowledge Resource Development & Welfare Group held at India International Centre, Lodi Colony, New Delhi, as their Chief Guest.
- 7-11 November Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC attended Asia Pacific Forestry Week, Beijing, China.
- 7 November Dr Kant delivered a speech on “Policy and governance issues” during the session of “Community Forestry Enterprises for Livelihoods: The Way Forward” organised by Asia Network for Sustainable agriculture and Bioresources (ANSAB), International Network for Bamboo and Rattan(INBAR) and Food and Agriculture Organization of United nations (FAO).
- 8 November Dr Kant gave a speech on “Forest carbon management in India” during the session of “Forest Carbon Beyond 2012” organized by Chinese Academy of Forestry (CAF) and China Green Carbon Foundation.
- 9 November Dr Kant was a member in panel discussion with Lu De Tint Lwing Thaung, Alan Reid, Ruth Turia, Y K Yoon and Juan Puhin on “Challenges in decision making and what could be done by think tank” during “Asia Pacific Policy Think Tank Meeting” organise by Asia Pacific Forestry Commission(APFC), Food and Agriculture Organization of United nations (FAO) and Asia Pacific Forestry Research Institutions ( APAFRI).
- 9 November Along with Smimarthi Appanah and Andrew Steel, Dr Kant delivered a speech on “FAO study: perspectives on financing from government, investors and forest small holders” during the session of “Developing National Strategies for Financing Sustainable Forest Management in Asia”. Organized by National Forest Programme Facility and FAO Regional Office for Asia and Pacific.
- 25 October Keshav C Das, Carbon Finance Advisor, SNV, Nepal visited the IGREC office for a discussion with Dr Promode Kant on matters of carbon finance beyond 2012
- 22 October Dr Promode Kant was invited to the Sweden-India Nobel Memorial Evening held at the residence of Ambassador of Sweden in New Delhi
- 19 October Dr Kant was invited to the SymbioCity – Sustainability by Sweden, a seminar and panel discussion with a focus on waste to energy and cleaner production in New Delhi
- 12 October Dr Promode Kant was invited for a discussion on ‘timber trade and the timber industry in India’ with representatives of FLEGT Asia, Malaysia, EU FLEGT, Finland of European Forest Institute and DFID, London
- 12 October Vijge Marjanneke, researcher and Dr Aarti Gupta, Assistant Professor, Environmental Policy group from Wageningen University & Research Centre, Netherlands were at the IGREC office for a detailed discussion with Dr Kant on Forest Transition and REDD+ in Asia.
- 5-7 September Dr Promode Kant was invited to present a paper in the International Conference on Green Economy and Sustainable Mountain Development: Opportunities and Challenges in View of Rio+20, Kathmandu, 5-7 September,2011
- 27-28 Augustt Dr Promode Kant was invited to present a paper at the Second Northeast Asia International Ecology Conference held at Yichun, China
- 17 August Dr Kant was invited to the Pre Indian Forestry Congress Workshop on Forests and Climate Change at HFRI, Shimla
- 8–10 August Dr Promode Kant was invited as a resource person for the Continuing Professional Development Programme on “Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Carbon Trading and REDD+ Benefits in Forestry Sector” at ESCI Campus, Hyderabad.
- June and July
Dr Promode Kant was the key resource person for trainings of Forest Department Officers and JFMC members under the Uttar Pradesh Participatory Project Management and Poverty Alleviation Programme of TERI. Training sessions were held during June and July in Tarai, Bundelkhand and Vindhyachal regions of Uttar Pradesh.
- 28 February Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC met Dr Hwan Ok Ma, Projects Manager, Reforestation and Forest Management Division, International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) at IGREC office, New Delhi for a discussion on ‘Emerging Possibilities on REDD Capacity Building in India’.
- 23 February Dr Promode Kant was invited to a meeting over a dinner with Mr.Lars-Olof Lindgren, Ambassador of Sweden to India and Mr.Mats Denninger, Sweden’s High Representative on Environment Technology Cooperation – India and others at the Sweden Ambassador’s residence, New Delhi
- 21 February Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to a Regional Experts Meeting “Implications of Cancun for Climate Change and Forests in Asia-Pacific”, Chiang Mai, Thailand organized by FAO (The Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations) & RECOFTC (The Centre for People and Forest)
- 17 February Michael Kleine, Deputy Executive Director, International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO), Vienna, Austria, visited IGREC office for a discussion on ‘Developing Special Programme for Science Policy Interface in Forestry Sector in India’ with Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC.
- 10 – 14 February Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to chair a session in the IUFRO Symposium on “Short Rotation Forestry: Synergies for Wood Production and Environmental Amelioration” (February 10-12, 2011) which was followed by a Post Symposium Training Workshop “Working Effectively at the Interface of Forest Science and Forest Policy“. Dr Kant was a resource person in the workshop. The events were organized by IUFRO Special Programme for Developing Countries (IUFRO-SPDC). Click here to download the report on the training workshop.
- 4 February Dr Promode Kant met Susan Braatz of FAO Forestry Dept. for a discussion on REDD+ issues.
- 21 January Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to deliver a lecture in a workshop ‘Climate Change and Forestry’ to IFS Officers, organized by TERI, New Delhi.
- 7 January a team from Price Waterhouse Cooper met Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC for consultation on an ongoing assignment “Concept and format for an information and networking system on adaptation to climate change” which is a part of a project ‘Climate Change Adaptation in rural areas of India’ being implemented by the MoEF – Government of India, four state governments and GtZ.
Dr Promode Kant, Director (Technical), IGREC, attended the INTERNATIONAL KNOWLEDGE-SHARING WORKSHOP: “Best practices for implementing forest landscape restoration in South Asia” held at Chilaw, Srilanka, from Aug 15 to 17, 2018, as a Resource Person
Dr Promode Kant, Director (Technical), IGREC, attended the IUFRO-SPDC Core Group Meeting on deciding the FLR program for the coming year held at Chilaw, Srilanka, from Aug 13 to 14, 2018
Dr Promode Kant, Director (Technical), IGREC, attended the IUFRO- World Bank “Forest Fires and Climate Change Global Expert Workshop” and related IUFRO meetings held at Vienna from July 1 to 5, 2018
Dr Promode Kant, Director (Technical), IGREC, attended the National Workshop on National Action Plan on Forest Fire on 5th and 6th April,2018, at the MoEF&CC, New Delhi, and led the drafting of the National Forest Fire Action Plan
Dr Promode Kant, Director (Technical), IGREC, attended the Asia Pacific Regional Workshop on Trans-boundary Biodiversity Conservation held at the City of Pontianak, West Kalimantan, Indonesia, from 6-8 March 2018, and drafted their Final Report
TO BE UPLOADED
- 27-31 March Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, shall deliver a series of talks on the natural distribution of red sanders (Pterocarpus santalinus), its ecology, planting technologies, management of young stands, harvesting under coppice and Selection Systems, and adaptation strategies under the warming climate for this species at the Hainan Forest Research Institute, Haikou city, Hainan province, China.
- 22 March Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, shall deliver the ‘Guest of Honour’ speech at the inaugural function of the international seminar on “Sustainable Development: Challenges, Issues and Practices” organised by the Department of Management Studies, Teerthanker Mahaveer Institute of Management and Technology, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad.
- 7 March Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, attended the first National Technical Committee meeting of the Green India Mission in the Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India, New Delhi.
- 28 February A team of experts from Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal, led by Dr Madhu Verma, Environmental Economist, Professor, Area of Environment and Developmental Economics, Coordinator, Centre for Ecological Services Management, Indian Institute of Forest Management held discussions with Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, on the “Revision of rates of NPV applicable for different class/category of forests”
- 23- 24 February Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, delivered the ‘Guest of Honour’ speech at the National Seminar on “Plant Sciences: New Technologies, Conservation and Environment”organized by the Department of Botany, Aligarh Muslim University. He also presented a technical paper on the ‘The critical importance of the plant sciences in addressing climate change”.
- 21-22 February Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, took part in the deliberations at the International Dialogue Forum “Low Carbon Development and Poverty Reduction”, organized by the GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies and University of Goettingen, Germany at the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) in New Delhi.
- 14 February Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, delivered a talk on “CDM, REDD+ & Forest Management – Road Ahead” at the Workshop on “REDD+, CDM and Biodiversity” organized by Bharti Vidyapeeth, Pune, for the Maharashtra Forest Department.
- 5 February Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, took part in the deliberations at the Regional Experts Meeting organized by the FAO and the RECOFTC on the ‘Implications of Doha for Climate Change and Forests in Asia-Pacific’ held at Bogor, West Java, Indonesia
- 31 January Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, took part in the deliberations at the DSDS Special Event titled `REDD Plus: South Asian Perspective’ in collaboration with ICIMOD and MoEF held at Jehangir Hall, The Taj Palace, New Delhi
- 30 January Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, took part in the deliberations at the DSDS Special Event on ‘Forest Governance in the context of FRA, and PESA” at Magnolia, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
- 29 January Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, took part in the deliberations at the TERI-ROCKFELLER INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON “Resilient Cities- Experiences from ACCCRN in Asia and Beyond” in New Delhi
- 24- 25 January Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, presented a paper on ‘No mandatory blending: Creating localized demands for liquid biofuels where it can be fulfilled sustainably” at the International workshop on Tracing Biofuel Transitions: Policies, Practices and Phase‐outs organised by the School of Innovation Sciences, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), The Netherlands.
- 21-22 January Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, took part in the deliberations of the Drafting Committee on the proposed book on ‘Forest Biomass for Europe – What Science Can Tell Us’ held on Jan 21-22, 2013, by the European forestry Institute at the Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 15 January Dr Promode Kant, Director, IGREC, took part in the deliberations at the meeting with the Director General of Forests, Hebei Province, China and his team and the Head of Forest department of the Delhi Government in the Delhi Government Secretariat, New Delhi, and presented details about the forest research in the country.
- 15 December Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to a seminar on Indo-Danish Business Day, organized by the Danish Embassy in India in cooperation with Confederation of Danish Industry (DI) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), New Delhi.
- 19 October Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to a panel discussion on ‘Status of Forest in India and opportunities for carbon financing’ with officials from UK Forest Dept., organized by DFID, New Delhi.
- 8 September Dr. Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to deliver a speech on ‘CDM in the Forestry sector‘ at ‘India Carbon Market Conclave’, New Delhi, organized by FICCI in partnership with IETA and World Bank.
- 23 – 28 August Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC has been invited to present a paper on “Forestry degradation in South Asia in the subplnery session on regional issues”. He shall also participate in the “Keep Asia Green V Lead authors Editorial Meeting” during the XXIII IUFRO World Congress to be held in Seoul, Korea. This meeting has been jointly organized by ASEAN-Korea Environmental Cooperation Project AKECOP and IUFRO-SPDC.
- 16- 18 June Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC has been invited to present a paper in an International symposium on “Forest, Carbon and Water in Response to Climate Change” organized by Chinese Academy of Forestry (CAF) and USDA Forest Service along with agencee Francaise de Developpement (AfD) at Tengchong, Yunnan province of China.
- 18 May Dr Promode Kant, Diretor IGREC was invited to attend a meeting as a member of Climate Change Sub Group on Forestry Matters. The meet was presided over by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India at its conference room.
- 18 May Dr Promode Kant, Diretor IGREC was invited to participate in the core group meeting towards the finalization of the first draft of Green India Mission, one of the eight missions in India’s NAPCC.
- 29 April, Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to a workshop on the “Possibilities of Earning Carbon Credits on Jhum Lands: Developing CDM Forestry Projects” where he discussed the need of organizing the local communities for developing a CDM project and also elaborated on the technical aspects of a CDM project. This workshop was organized by Eco Development Society of Meghalaya, Tura.
- 24-26 March, Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC attended International Symposium organized by Korea-Indonesia Joint Project for Adaptation and Mitigation of Climate Change in Forestry through Small Scale A/R CDM and REDD on Small scale A/R CDM & REDD Project held at Seoul, Korea. He made a presentation on “Some Key Considerations for Quick & Low Cost Development of Small Scale CDM Forestry Projects”. This symposium was organized to strengthen the capacity building for Climate Change in Forestry and to contribute to community development in Indonesia.
- 16- 17 March, Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC gave Mid Career Training (MCT) to the IFS officers’ batch of 1992 and 93 at IGNFA, Dehradun.He taught them about how to develop CDM PDD covering the entire calculation part of it.
- 3 February, Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to participate in the meeting on Forests and climate change in Asia and the Pacific assessing COP 15 and the road ahead” in Bali, Indonesia. The meeting was organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and The Center for People and Forests (RECOFTC) to discuss and find the solution of several unanswered questions on COP, carbon markets, REDD and REDD+ issues.
- 15- 26 January, Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited by Forest Department, Ministry of Forestry, Union of Myanmar and also by the Chi Phat Community and Carbon Society (CCCS) in Cambodia to provide technical guidance and training on developing a forestry CDM project on severely degraded grasslands for conducting PRA exercise and to examine the land eligibility for a proposed A/R CDM project.
- 28 -29 December, Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC played a major role in organizing the UNEP sponsored International Expert Workshop on “Emerging Issues in Climate Change: State of Tropospheric Temperature, Pollution, Melting Glaciers and their Potential Impact on Monsoon in the Himalayas-Tibetan Plateau & a Special Session on the Impact of Warming on High Altitude Vegetation in the Himalayas” held at TERI University. A number of senior as well as young scientists and researchers from different countries like USA, UK, China, Austria, Netherlands, Germany, Nepal and India participated and discussed their research and findings on the burning issues of climate change and the status of glacial retreat. Our partners in the workshop were IUFRO, TERI University, Chinese Academy of Forestry, University of Eastern Finland and Sharda University.
- 19- 21 November Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC was invited to Low Carbon Economy: Regional Dialogue Forum on Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry in Manaus, Brazil where he delivered a presentation on “A Case of Public Interest Litigation for Good Governance in Community Forests“. This event was jointly organized with the Federal German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development and InWEnt-Capacity Building International on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- 18-23 October Dr Promode Kant, Director IGREC participated in World Forestry Congress held in Buenos Aires, Argentina and presented paper on “Developing Theoretical Basis for Optimizing Site Selection for Growing Biomass for Energy in the Himalayas.”